Nearly 5 years in the making – we are EXTREMELY excited to finally release ExpanDrive 2 for Windows. This is a major update in almost every way. ExpanDrive 2 adds support for plain FTP, FTP and Amazon S3 and our own Strongspace Online Storage service. It boasts an all-new SFTP engine that should dramatically improve speed in both transfer and browsing. Along with the new drive types, the UI has been completely re-written to be much sexier, more intuitive and less complicated. We think you’ll really enjoy it.
A quick rundown of the major features:
- Sexy new interface. Simple and intuitive, even more than before.
- Blazing fast new SFTP layer.
- FTP and FTPS drives!
- Amazon S3 drives!
- Massively increased speed and throughout
- Dynamic reconnect support – always stay connected
- Pagaent Support for SSH keys
- On-disk data-cache for frequently accessed files.
- All new metadata-cache – faster browsing around.
- New filesystem driver
- Innumerable fixes and enhancements for MS Office sharing/locking
- Frequent updates – and a working auto updater
ExpanDrive 2 finally unifies our Mac and Windows products into one, in no small part through the magic of python. We can finally develop simultaneously on both platforms, with ease.
If you’ve already purchased a ExpanDrive 2 license for your Mac – that license is good for this Windows client. As of V2, our licenses are cross-platform. An upgrade license is $19.95 until the end of this week, and $24.95 thereafter.
A couple screenshots of the new UI in action.
Please send any feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help out as fast as we can.